We're delighted to bring you this classic recipe from Master Chef contestant Sofia Gallo, who appeared on our screens with her Italian inspired recipes and now runs her own Cookery & Pasta making school; #incucinaconsofia
"Your honey is incredible, and Salisbury Honey was the perfect aromatic addition to a classic madeleine"
Enjoy the warm, sweet honey aroma of these classic madeleines. They'll make a lovely Mothers Day or Easter weekend treat to share with friends and family.
Makes 8 / Ingredients:
40g caster sugar
2 tbsp Salisbury Honey
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla paste
90g 00 flour – or plain sponge flour if 00 not available
Italian 0 flour is less finely ground and also contains a small amount of the outer husk, the closest comparative in the UK is regular plain flour.
- Place your butter in a saucepan and melt until foamy and golden.
- Using the melted butter, brush the madeleines’ tin and set aside.
- In a bowl add your egg and sugar and whisk until of a pale colour. Add your dry ingredients sieved, to allow uniform distribution of the baking powder, and combine.
- Finally add your honey, vanilla paste and melted butter.
- Once all ingredients are fully incorporated, the butter will result glossy. Let rest for about 30minutes in the fridge or room temperature.
- Pre-heat your oven at 180° C – gas mark 4
- Use a piping bag, or simply a spoon and place the batter in the tin to ¾ capacity.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until nice and golden.